Due to the rising costs of dental care in the United States, as well as the investment of the public and private sectors in Costa Rica to better serve American patients, more and more Americans who can’t afford dental implants in the US are flying to Costa Rica to receive them.
However, while having a dental procedure is scary as it is, for many having it in another country is even scarier. Savings are nice, but they are not and should not be your priority when obtaining dental care. Understandably, American patients want to know if dental care in Costa Rica is safe and reliable in the long term.
Fortunately, the trend of American patients getting dental implants in Costa Rica has been going on for several years and many clinics and dental practices have started to keep records and follow-ups of their patients one year or longer after they’ve received their implants. So, what do these patients have to say?
Surveys and records show that these patients are as satisfied as the patients that get the procedure at home, and they report that they are able to eat whatever they want and smile without embarrassment. Many of them feel a boost in their self image and self confidence.
2019 Patient Survey Results
A January 2019 survey by CostaRicaDentalGuide.com of more than 2100 American patients that received dental implants in Costa Rica in 2017 and 2018 delivered the following results:
- 98% of all patients surveyed reported stable conditions with their dental implants placed in Costa Rica.
- 96% of all patients surveyed reported stable conditions with their prosthodontic appliances, including dental crowns, bridges and protheses.
- 93% of all patients surveyed reported savings of fifty perfect or more on their dental care in Costa Rica, with the average patient saving 68% when compared to dental procedure rates in the USA.
- 95% of all patients surveyed reported that they would return to Costa Rica for additional dental work and would refer their friends and family to do the same.
- 82% of all patients surveyed reported that their overall satisfaction with their Costa Rica dental experience exceeds their satisfaction with their US-based dental provider.
These results are surprising for people who are not aware of how Costa Rica’s dental industry has developed in the last decade. Clinics and labs, recognizing the demand for high-quality dental services, have invested in modern equipment, tools, and materials. Dental care in Costa Rica is of equal quality to care in the USA. In many cases, patients report much higher overall satisfaction with their dental care in Costa Rica when compared to dental care in the USA.
Dentists have also stepped up their techniques and training. Many Costa Rican dentists receive some or all of their dental training at American or European schools. Not only that, dentists have also become fluent in English and especially in English dental terminology, so that their American patients can express their questions and concerns in their native language and get responses they can understand.
But Americans don’t travel to Costa Rica just for the dental care. They often include a vacation as part of the trip, typically before the procedure. A few of them like the natural and cultural attractions so much that they have reported going to Costa Rica a year later, only this time just for a vacation.
Costa Rica is gaining a reputation in the USA not only of being a place where Americans can obtain affordable dental implants, but for providing high-quality dental care and an amazing travel experience.
Would you like to get connected to the leading dental clinics in Costa Rica?
Just fill out the form on this page and you will receive a free referral to one of Costa Rica’s top clinics. The service is free. Our team of specialists will find the best clinic for your needs and budget.